Friday 16 March 2012

Meeting my Guardian BOOB & BOOBS 3.0!

This is me and my guardian BOOB Gilly. She came to meet me in person today. She was the 1st person I ever spoke to about the band. She gave it to me straight and introduced me to blogging and the BOOBS (sometimes I think I got banded just to be in this super sisterhood of BOOBdom  - LOL)

Today is my day 9 after surgery. I feel so much better - maybe its because it was day 9 or maybe it was because I got ready like a silly high school girl to meet my new friend - this was a big deal - I haven't made a new friend since 2004. Maybe it was because Spring has sprung or maybe its because I feel like Im so close to beginning this new life - I don't know but it feels hopeful and I like the feeling.

We ate and I did stare at her and she ate the food - NORMAL - couldn't tell one bit. Meeting Gill in person made this whole journey a little more special. I feel like I found my long lost family (which Ive done before but they were aliens to me) this time I meet someone who gets it.

That's why Im going to BOOBS to 3.0 to meet all of you who are here. Im so excited!!!! Ive got a roommate Jenn and were almost at the same part in our journey (banded a few weeks apart). I've got my Chicago tourist stuff bookmarked and I'm looking at flights.

This year my life will be turned upside down and renovated. I have spent so many years staring into the mirror and having no clue who that was in there. Ive been depressed and fat and my body hurts everyday. I have never sat on the floor to play with my youngest son (he's almost 8) I can't wait to be the mommy my boys deserve not just a broken old version of this person I used to be. I hope that 'its better late than never' still applies here. Again I thank all of you for your blogs and for sharing your journey.

See you in the flesh September 27th!!!!!

7 comments:

  1. ...which is my BIRTHDAY, in case you care!! This post made me tear up a little! xo

    ReplyDelete
  2. It is a bit strange to find out that having a band doesn't make us all go zombie like or anything. Although with Gilly we aren't too sure! What you say is this awakening. Hope. Because we deserve it. Hope to meet you soon too. I can't make it to BOOBS this year b/c my daughter is getting married the next weekend but believe me it is a wonderful experience full of friends and laughter.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I'm excited to meet you in Chicago. Gilly is one of my favorite people in the world - you are so lucky to have met her.
    I'm glad you are feeling better - It took me awhile to feel better after surgery. Everyone is different, so just listen to your body.

    ReplyDelete
  4. How fun that you got to meet up with Gilly! :) I hope to make it to BOOBs this year.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Awww - aren't we boobies the best??? Glad you're joining us in Sept.

    ReplyDelete
  6. I was banded on 3/13/2012 and love reading your blog. You get to go thru the things a few days before me so I can live a little thru your experiences. Thanks!
    One last thing I hate to ask but I know nobody eles who is banded and I'm wanting to know what is "BOOBS"?

    ReplyDelete
  7. YAY!!! I am so excited to go to BOOBs and that you contacted me. I was kind of on the fence because it seemed like a lot of the regulars already paired up! I can't wait to meet you

    ReplyDelete

please... share...