Saturday, 10 November 2012

Grateful Days 6, 7, 8, 9 & 10


Day 6

I am grateful for the ability to drive. I couldn't imagine life without being able to just go where I want (too a limit) and the freedom that it brings. Being able to visit friends and family that are far away. Its wonderful!

Day 7

In the same vain as day 6... I am grateful for the invention of all modes of transportation. A plane brought my wonderful friend Erika from Austria home for a few days so we can talk and catch up and laugh and cry and bitch. A boat allowed me to see Alaska (my most breathtaking trip).  and a train took me around Europe on an adventure. 

Day 8


I am grateful for finding my birth family. Not just the mother but an entire other family. I have mixed emotions about them and am trying to keep my distance a bit from them now but I looked for my birth family for 10 years. From the day I turned 18 I put my name on a search list with the Government and it was a long waiting list a 10 year list to be exact. When my name came up I was in a good place in my life and it couldnt have been better timing. I met my birth mother, father (not together) 2 full birth sisters, 2 1/2 birth sisters, 1 1/2 birth brother and a grandmother and cousins, aunts and an uncle. It was the adopted kid jackpot of birth searches. 

Day 9



I am grateful for the 80's. It's MY generation. I am a child of the 80's along with Charlie Sheen, Drew Barrymore and my personal fave Matthew Broderick (Ferris Forever!!). It was the age of being bratty and overindulgent and weird. I loved Duran Duran, Cyndi Lauper, The Spoons, Depeche Mode and The Cure. I crimped my hair and it could withstand the greatest of wind storms. The whole attitude  of the 80's lives in me and makes me so NEAT!


Day 10


I am grateful to have a home. When I was small my dad moved us every few years to a new house (twice to the same house) Usually better than the one before but for a kid this instability was horrible. A new school every few years and new friends - I couldn't get too attached because i knew we would move again. So I turned to food as something that I could control since my environment around me was out of my control. I followed my dad's pattern in my adult years and moved alot myself. But after Simon was born we bought our 1st house when i was pregnant with Michael we outgrew our 750 sq ft home and moved once more - 1.5 hours outside of the city that I grew up in and to our new home that will be remembered by my children as the house that they grew up in. It will be the home that I will raise my family in. I have finally found a home not just a house and I am grateful.




6 comments:

  1. I am also grateful to have grown up in the 80's! We had totally had awesome music and clothes! And I could totally rock some big hair!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I think about that a lot too..how amazing we can travel the world now by plane, train, ship, and cyberspace, phone, Skype et. I have family around the world. Not long ago it was horse and buggy. :) And I'm thankful for my home today, too. :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. 80's best times ever. Thanks for the quick memories. How did we ever make it without a cell and the Internet?

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love seeing you blog!

    I'm just amazed about this other side of the family! Wow.

    I too, love the 80's. I just had my 30th(yes, 30th) class reunion and I was dancing my ass off to the 80's!

    Enjoyed reading.

    Sandra

    ReplyDelete
  5. Ohhhh.....I'm still laughing my ass off about the clown....but then again, clowns are funny huh!!!! lmao

    ReplyDelete
  6. I love #10...that is perfect and you are the 80's which is why we get along so well!

    ReplyDelete

please... share...