Monday 16 January 2012

ACCOUNTABILITY?????

Im here on my new blog and this is my 1st post on it. The old blogs name didnt match the journey on on now so Im happier with the new one - it suits me more -even though Ive lost all but 3 followers....


Today is special - Im 6 months banded today and I have had lots of ups and downs on this crazy crazy journey...

I thought that it would be easy - make this huge medical and financial commitment and I would be melting the weight off my body because how on earth could I not....???? Wouldn't $16,000 and surgery make my brain think - shit she's serious we should help her do this... We'll I was wrong wrong wrong - so very very wrong - my brain was the same as always and I gave my band more responsibility than it could live up to. Im sorry LOLA...

This is what I have learned so far....


  • Spending money and having surgery does not cure emotional eating
  • Bandster hell is a horrible emotional and physical ride that is unavoidable in some form or another.
  • My band is not the boss of my brain 
  • Sometime my will power is weak
  • Everyones sweet spot is DIFFERENT
  • The sweet spot changes
  • Non bandsters cannot eat like I NEED to eat no matter how much they try
  • My parents dont get it - so stop trying to explain 
  • Trying to act like I dont have a band while eating with others is stupid
  • Watch the 1st bite - it gets me stuck 97% of the time
  • I will binge sometimes - let it go - don't let it consume you
  • Not everyone slimes
  • Sliming means Ive gone too far
  • PB'ing is awful
  • I MUST learn from my mistakes
  • Ask for help when you need it - someone will answer
  • Sometimes the giant potholes in the road test you to your limit
  • Its ok to cry
  • Its ok to medicate
  • People assume Im weak cause I have the band - but I am not
  • It is a hard ride
  • I CAN eat around my band - but choose not to - most of the time
  • Tracking my food helps - I hate it but its true
  • Im not good at keeping my eye on my goals
  • Weighing yourself everyday provides prospective
  • ACCOUNTABILITY
  • Other people have strange and unrealistic goals for me now that Im banded
  • I must stay in contact with my clinic 
  • Blogging helps get the emotional stuff out
  • Other bandsters get it
  • I can do this even if Im slow out of the gate
Thats not everything Im sure but the really important stuff so far.

My highest weight 284 lbs
My weight today 254 lbs.
Total Loss 30lbs in 6 months.





3 comments:

  1. Weekly weighins will be good accountability. What day of the week will you choose? I have weighed in every Friday for over two and a half years now. Get a good home scale. :)

    Didn't mean to freak you out about accountability. Oops. Hugs!

    ReplyDelete
  2. By the way, why not start sooner with those weekly weighins?

    ReplyDelete
  3. yikes, accountability...good word, scary word. Something to think about!

    ReplyDelete

please... share...